The Tokyo Interdisciplinary Life Sciences Consortium’s basic policy on the protection of personal information
1. Basic Policy
The Tokyo Interdisciplinary Life Sciences Consortium (hereafter, the consortium) complies with laws and ordinances regarding personal information (information belonging to an individual or personally identifiable information) and with internal regulations established by the universities participating in the consortium. The consortium collects and uses personal information in a reasonable manner, keeps personal information safe and up-to-date, and disposes of the information in an appropriate manner in line with the trust invested in the consortium.
2. Organizational Activities
The following activities are carried out as specific measures extending from the basic policy.
- Compliance with laws and ordinances regarding personal information
- Compliance with the regulations regarding personal information of each university participating in the consortium
- Periodic checking on the proper handling of personal information, providing guidance for improvement if any issues are found
3. The Handling of Personal Information
The consortium implements the following general rules regarding the handling of personal information.
- Maintenance of a management system
The consortium maintains a system for properly managing personal information, taking proper precautions in the effort to protect personal information.
- Collecting personal information
In collecting personal information, if the consortium plans to supply that information for a purpose for which its collection and use was stipulated in advance, the purpose and scope of information to be provided will be clarified and carried out to a reasonable extent.
- Use of personal information
When using personal information, the consortium is keenly aware of the importance of protecting that information, so it will use personal information only within the scope of the purpose for its use.
- Continuous improve of the handling of personal information
In handling personal information, the consortium will do so appropriately and strives to improve such handling.